Bot sets priority to belownormal

Problem?

Bot sets priority to belownormal

Postby tritous » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Operating System: W7 (virtual machine)
Server Location: US
Last 5 actions the bot took: N/A
Brief description of problem:

The bot always goes into priority of belownormal. Even when launched by command line with the command START /high GO2bot.exe the bot immediately sets itself back to belownormal priority.

This happens regardless of the settings in the bot itself. As the bot is the only thing running in the virtual machine I want it to run at high priority and make the best use of the resources I've given the VM.

note: it's not possible to search for similar issues on the forum since the search feature considers "priority" a common word and filters it out
tritous

Re: Bot sets priority to belownormal

Postby admin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:20 am

Yeah, the bot sets it's self to low priority so that it doesn't cause problems for other programs running. Truthfully, if it's the only thing running on a virtual machine, it shouldn't really matter what it's priority setting is (since there won't really be anything to compete with), but I've changed it so that it will no longer try to change it's own priority when you have the Priority Preset set to High or Highest in Options->Miscellaneous. This change will be in the next beta.

I can see how the naming of the "Priority" area in options would be confusing, but these don't actually correspond to process priorities. Instead, they control how much time is ceded to other programs during the bot's normal run time via Thread.Sleep. Lower priorities will sleep more often and in larger amounts. Higher priorities will sleep less often and for less time.
Read the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2132

FOLLOW THIS BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949
admin
Site Admin

Postby tritous » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:52 am

I'm experienced on how an OS operates. In this case the reason for setting priority higher is that even though the VM is only to run the bot there are quite a lot of background services (ones you can't do without and an antivirus) but which still get more share than I would like. a high priority is enough to reduce the slowing down the bot gets after running for a while.

Since speed farming is my thing it got quite frustrating that after a day of running it woudl slow down to taking up to half a second just to select each fleet so I've got a scheduled batch script which kills the process then relaunches it every 24 hours.

I've found a workaround by using the old 5 second ping to delay my call to set the process priority again. It's enough for me to wait until after the bot cuts its priority and override it afterwards.

Code: Select all
C:
cd\
cd "Program Files (x86)\GO2Bot"
taskkill  /IM GO2Bot.exe
start /high GO2Bot.exe
ping 192.0.2.2 -n 1 -w 5000
wmic process where name="GO2Bot.exe" CALL setpriority 128

does your fix in the beta mean the last 2 lines will no longer be needed
tritous

Postby admin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 am

Yes, in the next beta the bot won't try to set it's own process priority at all if you have "Priority Preset" set to high or highest.
Read the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2132

FOLLOW THIS BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949
admin
Site Admin

Postby EmmittHarabedian » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:15 am

I think you can change it by trying some method. The method you mention here is not bad. You can use 0 & 1 fuel entry method. if you want to go without fuel it is impossible as pay for essay cheap is very necessary for any kind of transport.
EmmittHarabedian

Postby sunnykhan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 am

Right away this website will probably definitely usually become well known with regards to most of website customers, due to the fact careful accounts and in addition tests. Capital Gains Tax Advisors
sunnykhan

Postby mahnoor buri » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) is going to release the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Result 2020 very soon on its official website.JNVST Result 2020 Jharkhand Selection List (नवोदय झारखंड रिजल्ट 2020) JNVST Result will be announced for the Class 6 exam (Phase 1) conducted on January 11, 2020. We will provide you the direct link to download the JNVST Class 6 Result in this article, once released.
mahnoor buri

Return to Tech Support